Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Week 1 is DONE!


My first week with Profile is done. It went both fast and slow at times, but the final results...I am down 7 pounds! I am very happy with that, and to be honest, the first week wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The first day I was at home all day, which helped. I was able to really concentrate on getting my shakes and meals in on time as was not as stressed out as I would be at work. The second day though, as I am having my 2nd shake of the morning, someone brings 2 huge bags of that cheese/caramel popcorn and chips and salsa into the break room. Immediately I cringe, but decide since I am working upstairs today, I will just bring all my stuff for lunch up there and just AVOID the temptation. And it worked :)


The weekend was INCREDIBLY challenging. My niece's birthday party was on Saturday, and she chose to have spaghetti (my favorite food EVER), and yellow cake with chocolate frosting (another favorite of mine) for her meal. I wanted to play along the best I could so I made zoodles (zucchini noodles) and found some Walden Farms tomato basil sauce to put over them, and served it with some turkey meatballs. It definitely wasn't as good as regular ole' spaghetti, but it was good enough to keep me from indulging in the real thing. I also made a shake into some putting, added fat free whipped topping, and put it in the freezer long enough that it had the same consistency as ice cream to keep me satisfied during dessert. I avoided breakfast the next morning (breakfast pizza) by straight up avoiding the kitchen area while everyone else was eating. I managed to go the whole birthday weekend without indulging once. I did have one “simply” cheeto last night, but other than that it was a completely cheat free week! The fact that I can make my shakes into puddings is my saving grace. I LOVE PUDDING and adding a little whipped topping to it makes it really feel like I am cheating! And I was very surprised by how little eating all the broccoli and cauliflower bothered me. By adding a little cheese or spray butter to it, and having my pudding to look forward to, I got along just fine. Ask me again in 6 weeks, I might have more negative things to say about the veggies, but as of right now I am not bothered by them!


I did experience some side effects this week. Tuesday, when I went in for my first meeting, I had only slept for about 3 hours. I got called in at 1 a.m. that morning, and left work at 8:45 a.m. So Wednesday, between depriving my body of its normal crap and the awful night I had, I will admit I was exhausted. Thursday wasn’t much better, plus I had a dull head ache most of the day. This continued into Friday, but Saturday, Sunday, and Monday seemed much better. I did start drinking some PowerAde Zero on Saturday, and have heard that may help ease some of the headaches. I also suggest PLENTY of sleep to anyone who wants to start Profile.


As far as exercise, I decided to take it pretty easy this last week. I walked a few days, played basketball and spent some time on a trampoline on Saturday, and today I am going to try to run. We did talk about the fact that increasing exercise can cause a halt in weight loss, and even weight gain, and that we can adjust my plan as needed for the amount of exercise I add into my life. So for this week, I plan to just up my walks to runs, and will add it some resistance training next week.


I have realistic expectations for next week. I know I won’t drop 7 more pounds, but I am hoping for 2-3 more. But if that doesn’t happen either, I have to remember that this weight was put on over time, and it will take time to get it back off. And having the support of my husband and family has really helped. No one at my niece’s party was pressuring me to eat. They definitely had a lot of questions about the plan, but were all proud of me for staying strong. My niece encouraged me once to “break my diet” to have a piece of cake, but my sister was quick to discourage her from doing that, as she too in trying to lose some weight!


So off I go on this B-E-A-UTIFUL Tuesday afternoon for a nice jog with my puppy and music! I am really praying that I still have this positive attitude next week when I update again!


<3 A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment